Learn how to set up a custom Clickup Client Onboarding Template!
Nothing can put a damper on the excitement of signing a new client faster than realizing that half of your day is now going to be swallowed up, as you muddle through your clunky and manual client onboarding process.
As a big-hearted coach or consultant, you absolutely LOVE serving your clients,
providing value and making an impact in the world.
You can’t wait to get started working with each new client because you know the transformation you’re going to help them attain is going to be nothing short of amazing.
The only problem?
First you have to onboard them.
Which gives you the distinct urge to make like an ostrich and bury your head in the sand.
Looking for some pointers on how to onboard your new clients like a pro? Check out this blog post.
If you’re looking to streamline your client onboarding process and decrease the amount of time it takes for you to onboard new customers, creating a client onboarding checklist template with Clickup might be the solution.
Today, we’re going to talk about how I save my clients hours each month by creating simple client management templates in Clickup and how you can set up your own time-saving templates in Clickup.
Visual learner? If you prefer video, I’ve recorded a quick video tutorial to show you the step-by-step process to setting up a client onboarding template in Clickup:
4. Create a task for each portion of the client onboarding workflow.
Common onboarding tasks:
TIP #1: I find it incredibly helpful to link the Client Onboarding SOP within the list description, for ease of reference any time a new client is being onboarded.
TIP #2: I also add in any pertinent details or links within each task that require a little more explanation or detail. Anything to cut down on the guesswork during the onboarding process!
5. Once you have each of your customer onboarding tasks in your Clickup list, it’s time to save your list as a template.
2. Type in your new client onboarding template name and add a description or any tags you would like to keep things organized.
3. Select who you would like to share the template with (this defaults to All Members) and decide if you want to import everything or customize your included items.
4. Select Save.
This is the fun part! You get to stop recreating the wheel with each client you onboard and use your new client onboarding template.
1. Within the appropriate Clickup folder, click ‘Create List’ (+) > ‘Browse Templates’.
2. Scroll through your templates or begin typing the name of your template in the search bar. Select your newly created client onboarding checklist.
3. Select the ‘Use Template’ button.
4. You can now rename the list to customize with your new client’s name.
5. Ensure that the location for the new onboarding checklist is correct and customize your import options (if applicable).
6. Select ‘Use Template’.
7. Customize your checklist, as needed for your new client and enjoy your extra hours!
Want more actionable steps on how to uplevel your entire client experience? Click here to check out one of my favorite posts to date.
Clickup templates are not only helpful to use when onboarding new clients but these time-saving lists can be used for each phase of the client experience–from initial inquiry and client onboarding, to project fulfillment and client offboarding.
By investing a little bit of time to set up custom Clickup templates for each phase of the client journey you’re setting the stage for success in terms of time savings and efficiency on the backend as well as creating an elevated client experience that clients can’t help but rave about.
Designing client checklist templates that can be used again and again is just one piece of the holistic and relational approach that I take when creating client management systems for my clients.
If you’re buried in your client experience and want to step out of the nitty gritty and begin spending your time doing the work that you got into business to do, I would love to help!
My name is Jen Hughes, Certified Director of Operations & Online Business Systems Strategist. I help coaches, consultants, and service providers to save time and increase client satisfaction by designing & implementing streamlined client management systems that WOW.
Ready to uplevel your Client Experience? Click here to set up a FREE Discovery Call to see if you might be a good fit for my Done-for-you Client Experience Intensive!
*Some of the above links are affiliate links, for which I will receive a small commission if you sign up through my link. I only recommend products that I use in my own business and LOVE.